Thursday, January 13, 2011

Girl with the red shawl

I finished another piece.  I used a photograph of an actress from the 1920's as inspiration.

Being a black and white photograph let me imagine what color her sheer shawl was.  I chose a deep red.


I had a hard time photographing it.  Using a flash surprisingly looked good ~ I just had to photograph it at a slight angle to not get the glare of the flash on the canvas.  Believe me there were a lot of frames with the glare.  And then when I used natural light there was a slight glare of the natural light.  You have to do it at just the right time to make all the stars align.

So, this full shot was at a slight angle too ~ with the flash.  I'll have to try again a little later without the flash to get a true straight shot.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

lovely! soft, mysterious, romantic feel.

Rusted Wings said...

This is SO beautiful Lori!! You captured a very exotic mood, with such romantic mystery. Love the veiled hand.

Kelly said...

stunning!

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

She is beautiful Lori. I love the red scarf. Gorgeous!

Carol said...

Beautiful piece. Very dramatic yet thoughtful looking.

Shariyah said...

GORGEOUS!!! I think she is one of my favorites so far... just love it! Are you selling the original? <3

Sharon Tomlinson said...

She is perfectly stunning with such mood and suspense