Saturday, October 30, 2010

WINTER DREAMS...

I just completed another painting...some weeks there is nothing, and then other weeks I'm on a roll.  I guess that's just life!

This first picture is rather scary I think, but wanted you to see my thought process and progression. 

Once color is put on the face, she starts to come alive.  I thought she looked quite pretty at this point, but something told me I needed a little more color to the painting...

so I added color to the background...that's better...but still something wasn't right.

I painted in her cape more.  Hmmm.  Too much white in the piece, and she needed more color to her face.

There.  Now I'm happy.

I'm calling this piece
WINTER DREAMS



thought I would show you this picture...I hung the painting over some orange pumpkin Halloween lights and now she has red hair! I just thought that was kinda fun!


Hope you have a great Halloween!


10 comments:

Shariyah said...

WOW!!! What an amazing outcome! I love that you've showed your progress...I always come to a point in my paintings where it looks as if there's no possible way it will turn out into anything good- but that's when I just have to keep with it, and know that it will with a little patience! I love her expression, the colors, and even the title is so fitting! Good work Auntie Lori, I'm happy to see you posting again! You continue to inspire me and I'm sure many others... love you!

Terri said...

she is beautiful. i loved seeing the process. thank you for sharing.

Diane said...

I am so amazed how much talent one person can have--and thank you for taking us through the process. Even your so-called "ugly" stage was beautiful--Thank You!

Carrie Joy Byrnes said...

Just fabulous! I love seeing the process too. Thanks so much for taking the time to share this. Your blog looks great by the way.

Unknown said...

Yay Lori, another amazing painting! Thank you so much for sharing. I thinks it's so interesting to see the different stages. :)
Happy Halloween!
♥Jenny

Rusted Wings said...

wow...i'm blown away Lori!!! Is this a confirmation or what, that you need to make your living from your art! you've got what it takes to make it work...now let's get that etsy up...call me tomorrow afternoon, and let's do it sis!!!

Kerri said...

so interesting to see how she started off! she became BEAUTIFUL by the time you were finished! what talent!

Sonya McCllough Lockridge said...

she is beautiful ... thanks for bringN her to life!

Coreopsis said...

It's a lovely painting--I love the process--how you never know exactly what's going to happen beforehand, and you just have to work with what's there, and it tells you what you need to do....

k.h.whitaker said...

beautiful painting, love seeing your progress