Monday, November 29, 2010

MAJESTY...

Well, I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!  We got our tree over the weekend, which is our tradtion.  Even though it seems early to some, I like being able to enjoy the seaon longer.  I just love decorating for Christmas...the lights...the warm, cozy feeling of it all. 
The kids were out of school an extra day...a snow day!  It was all of a trace on the ground, and the schools were closed.  If we lived somewhere else, like Montana or Chicago, that wouldn't have happened.  But it does make it exciting.
I also took a bit of time to paint.  This is what I came up with...
I think with recently owning our own horse has made me even more drawn to the majesty of the animal.





I will be putting prints and the orignal up for sale on Etsy!

7 comments:

Ella said...

Beautiful painting, It is so peaceful! I loved reading about your holiday and the magic arrival of snow!

Rusted Wings said...

This painting is SO beautiful Lori!!! Magical and wonderful feel...
and the snow keeps coming here in Montana....there would have to be a couple feet overnite for the schools to close! ha!!

Heather Foust said...

So beautiful Lori! Is that the color of your horse? Very alluring.

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

I so LOVE to decorate for Christmas too! What a beautiful new piece. Gorgeous.

Terri said...

gorgeous!

Kerri said...

love your beautiful painting.

and if you're putting up a tree (which i have too!) you might as well do it early enough to get full enjoy out of it for a full month i think!!

Unknown said...

Yes, it would have been fun to see you at our tree farm this year--will be looking forward to seeing here next year for a U cut tree. We open the week before Thanksgiving.
Your new painting is so wonderful! Really can relate to the horse theme, too.