Monday, November 22, 2010

THE SONG OF ANGELS...

I just finished my latest piece I title "THE SONG OF ANGELS"...
In this first image it's harder to see the words on her halo because of the shine of the silver...
I love the silver...even from a distance it makes it "pop". I also added silver to her wings. 
Here are some close-ups...I really distressed it after I finished. I felt it really called out for distressing.  It looked so old...yet with fresh paint looked too new.



in this last image you can see the words in her halo better...it says:
For I consider that the sufferings of the present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us.  romans 8:18
I will be putting prints and the original up for sale on etsy soon!

5 comments:

Theresa said...

She is such a lovely angel. I really love your composition and how she is holding her instrument. Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving Lori! All my best, Theresa

Rusted Wings said...

this is such a beautiful piece Lori! love the distressed ancient look, and one of my favorite scriptures!! love & blessings~

Diana said...

This is wonderful...it reminds me of the old master paintings. I love all the little details. The aging gives it a wonderful feel.

Sonya McCllough Lockridge said...

ah ... love this piece with the verse!

Unknown said...

Love her Lori, and I love the background!
Wishing you and your family a very happy thanksgiving. :)
♥Jenny