i got my hands pleasantly messy with clay. i sculpted this little guy. i used an armiture of wadded up newspaper and formed from there.
i didn't know what i was doing or where i was going with this. it was so much fun. i used woodburning letters to make the word faith on his chest. and i decided to make him functional and be able to hold something.
it took a few days to really dry out. i kept checking him on the kitchen window sill. when he finally didn't feel cold and clammy, i knew he was ready for paint. i first used adirondak dyes and then used some acrylic to make some of the color more intense. some of the dyes that were more greenish, i thought looked kinda mossy, which i loved.
looking around i put some tree branches and a little bird in his arms. i was thinking shells, or leaves in the fall would look cute too.
still lovin' those apps on my phone! this was all on instagram.